1.Fuel - this bus is equipped with GFS fuel system. It uses DIESEL FUEL.
Sky Traveller has two fuel tanks - one on the left, and one on the right side. Right side tank is used for main engine, an left tank is used for air conditioner engine and air compressor engine. Tanks capacity is 52.8 gallons each. To pick which tank you want to fuel, simply open the fuel tank cap.
Sky Messenger has a single tank, and its cap is located by the left rear wheel.
|Main and auxiliary tanks on Minamoto Sky Traveller.|
|Fuel cap on Minamoto Sky Messenger.|
2. Electricity - the busses are equipped with two batteries. They are placed in the small compartment below driver's seat(accessible externally). It supports all GEMC batteries types, so you can choose your favorite ones. OEM batteries for this bus provide 80Ah output.
Unusual features and buttons:
|Buttons on side console.|
4. Compressed air system - multiple systems of this bus are using the compressed air. Air is stored in the air tanks and its pressure is shown on dashboard gauge. Once the air pressure is going low, air compressor turns on automatically(if there's fuel for it, and main engine is running). You can turn on air compressor manually by pressing "AIR PUMP" button on the dashboard extension below the side window. Compressed air is used for operating main door, suspension lift, and brakes. As pressure falls, these start to operate worse.
4.1. Also compressed air is used to start the main engine in case of emergency(i.e. flat batteries). To do so, click ignition key to put it to Stage 1(ignition connect), and press "EMERGENCY STARTER" button. It will start the engine if there's any air pressure. Some compressed air will be spent during this operation.
5. Suspension lift - the bus is equipped with suspension lift. It will lower the front part by 8cm to allow easier entrance and exit. To operate the lift, press the "LIFT" button on the dashboard extension. It will operate the suspension one or another way(if there's any air pressure). Some compressed air will be spent during this operation.
6. Emergency starter - this bus is equipped with emergency starting system, which takes no electricity to spin the engine crankshaft. Check part 4.1. for details on operation.
7. Message display - there's an interior message display, which shows various warning and information messages to passengers. To turn it on or off, click the "MESSAGE DISPLAY" button on the dashboard extension below the side window. The message display switches between lines with 3 seconds step. To switch lines manually, press one or another arrow on "DISPLAY" button placed next to previous one.
8. Route sign - the sign is placed in front of the bus between headlights. Pressing "ROUTE SIGN" button will turn it on or off. Sign can be changed to one of predefined settings or used for displaying your custom image with bus Custom HUD(see chapter 13).
10. Media unit - this thing has 3 modes - TV, camera, and Web. To turn it on or off, press the "power" icon button. In TV mode it plays the looped "TV" animations. In "camera" mode it plays "static" animation, as SL does not support "picture-in-picture" effect. Web mode allows you to surf the web, using built-in web browser. "Channel" buttons are used for changing "TV" animations in TV mode.
11. Air conditioning unit - this thing is really simple. Press arrow down to turn it off, and arrow up to turn it on. "Fan" icon buttons increase or decrease air blow in the conditioning vents.
11. HUD - These busses are utilizing second generation of GEMC UniHUD, which means dynamic controls layout and simple operation. Below there's an image of layouts for various roles within bus.
|Various UniHUD layouts for drivers and passengers.|
12. Passengers - this bus is equipped with unique passengers system, allowing you to carry 40 and 28 passengers in same time aboard Sky Traveller and Sky Messenger respectively. There are only 10 hardcoded seats, but, if extra passengers will manage to sit on the bus, they will be placed in proper seats as well. There's also a jumpseat near the driver's place, which can be added or removed with use of Custom HUD. Passengers can recieve a copy of UniHUD 2+ from vehicle. It allows regular passengers to change their seats, and jumpseat passenger can adjust their sit position.
Passengers eject is accessible from GEMC UniHUD, and provides eject through dialog menu.
|Customizing HUD(default appearance and expanded tabs).|
There are 16 hand-crafted bus liveries, body paint mode, and various interior addons. Also you can apply custom livery to the bus body.
Route sign size ratio: approx 1:6.73(h:w).
Sky Traveller template
Sky Messenger template